Poem About Life

https://www.google.com.ph/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwjMwMTOyL_WAhVDW7wKHaPqBX4QjBwIBA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn2.hubspot.net%2Fhubfs%2F174241%2Fpastpresentfuture.jpg&psig=AFQjCNEy7fSfAFHsLyUl-HcDFUaSxaM_xg&ust=1506402386490410

Past, Present, and Future

I was a kid who doesn’t believe in the impossible.
My eyes glistening with tears,
But an accident made me the impossible.
I cried, but it was a silent tears

Why can’t I sleep?
Is it the fear of what tomorrow might bring?
How can I be so confused?
Is it because I’m surrounded by so many?
How can I be so broken in something so together?
How can I be lost in a place I know so well?

I’m always forced to fight.
In a fight I never seem to win.
Is it because he’s always one step ahead?
I’ve fought for so long.
When will this ever end?
Sometimes I run to the past to change the present.

Everything is moving with no place to go.
I always tell myself that everything’s going to be okay,
But it’s seizures.
I ended up changing not the things around but myself.
The life I had, I can’t have it back.
Why is it that all these tears feel so unreal?
I’m not the same, I’m trapped in the endless void of time.

So many tears I have shed in the dark,
Hidden in my own thoughts,
Only to be shelved with moon’s light
Because I have no courage to speak of my pain.

I run to the future and saw a nightmare.
I went back to change the future,
But ended up choosing the wrong decisions.
I have no choice but to live with my mistakes and move forward.

I’ve changed a lot
It hurts to know that I’ll never be the same,
Knowing I’ll never be the boy I used to be.
If you only knew what I’ve been through,
Or maybe you could take a run in my shoes,

Because this is sometimes how I feel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free verse poem